Hello Everyone! I want to wish you all a very Happy New Year 2019! This year my major goal will be publishing my first book!!!! This is super exciting for me! I want to say thank you to everyone who has signed up for my weekly blog and followed me on this journey!
I also want to give a sincere thank you to the talented authors who have taken out time out of their busy schedules to let me interview them for my blog! Thank you Lorraine O’Garro and Julieann T. Randall! Please subscribe to my blog so you do not miss out on the wonderful author interviews that will be featured here in 2019!
The content form www.creativetouchescelebration.com has been forwarded to my new website address of www.kathrythall.com. Changing my website address is a part of rebranding I am doing. I changed from wordpress.com to wordpress.org so you can enjoy my website without unwanted advertisement hindering your view and enjoyment. I also have so new features on this new website medium that I can’t wait to explore.
I hope everyone has a magnificent New Year! God Bless You All and let me know what you think of the new website.
Please Like & Subscribe! Leave feedback on your re-branding ideas and personal stories of re-branding!
On December 11, 2018 I had the absolute pleasure of interviewing Julieann T. Randall. Julieana is a new author who is adding diversity and compassion to out literary selections. Her character Jade is a eleven year old African American girl who has a strong self-esteem, even when faced with being bullied at her new school. To watch our interview click here.
To stay up to date on Julieann T. Randal and her empowering young adult novel Jade Joureys check out her website. To purchase Jade Journeys, Say it Loud! Affirmation Cards, self-esteem journal & pen set, or magical t-shirt click here.
Please Like and Comment. Did you or children close to you deal with bullying in school? Did you check out Julieann T. Randall’s website? How do you support youth in your life who have went though or who are undergoing bullying? What did you think about the wonderful positive esteem boasting items available?
On November 30, 2018, I had the esteemed pleasure of interviewing Lorraine O’Garro via Skype from London, England. She is the children’s author of, The Alphabet with Bella and Numbers with Bella book series. The main character Bella Sweeney is a beautifully illustrated preschooler. Bella shares her heritage with her creator Ms. O’Garro. Both live in London, England and have parents from Guyana in South America and Montserrat in the Caribbean. Both the books feature elements of Ms. O’Garro’s heritage.
In the audio interview Lorraine O’Garro shares how a lack of representation of black characters in children’s books, and a desire to see more characters that looked like her, inspired Ms. O’Garro to write her first book. This interview captures the necessity for increasing diversity in children’s literature. In the interview Lorraine shares her experiences and tips for upcoming authors. The story of how Lorraine became an indie author is inspirational to any author. Click here to listen to the audio for the interview.
Lorraine O’Garro and Bella
To keep to date with all of the latest developments with the adorable Bella book series visit the website here.
Please Like and Comment. Comment below after listening to the audio interview your thoughts and opinions on diversity in children’s literature. Comment about your experience as an author. Are you a parent or grandparent who has been looking for books with ethnic characters for your child or grandchild? Let us know in the comments. Did you check out Bella’s website? Share your thoughts on this adorable character.
Today is my 7th and final day of my 7 Days of Blogmas. I enjoyed writing them. I hope you have all enjoyed following my Christmas blogs or blogmas. If you have missed any they are all listed on my website at www.creativetouchescelebrations.com . Today I was challenged by Amylou.
Would You Rather Christmas Tag
1. Eat brussel sprouts or cauliflower cheese? I actually like brussel sprouts and cauliflower is okay with me also. But I would take the brussel sprouts.
2. Have twinkling lights or still lights? I love all holiday lights. However, my favorites are the twinkling lights.
3. Eat gingerbread or Ferraro Roche? Gingerbread makes adorable houses, but I will go with the Ferraro Roche for dessert.
4. Open your Xmas presents with only immediate family or with all of your family members? Immediate family, with my husband and the kids.
5. Cook Xmas dinner for the whole family or don’t eat Xmas dinner at all? Is this even a question? I throw down on Christmas dinner every year. Let the cooking commence.
6. Have a real Xmas tree or a fake Xmas tree? I love real trees. We have had a real tree annually for about the last fifteenth years.
7. Use blue, yellow, white or multicolored lights? I love white lights but multicolored lights are my favorite.
8. Eat mince pies or Xmas cake? I have to be honest even as an adult; I still don’t know what mince pie is. So I will go with the Christmas cake. I love cake!
9. Wake up at 6 am or 10 am? Lord if only I could sleep to 10am on Christmas morning. My youngest child still wakes me up…LOL. So 6am it is.
10. Drink champagne or hot chocolate? Homemade hot chocolate with whipped cream.
11. Eat Heroes or Roses? Yeah, I’m lost. I do not know what either taste like. So I will have to pass on the this question…LOL.
12. Get a puppy for Xmas or a kitten for Xmas? A puppy, a beagle would be so cute.
13. Watch Elf or Home Alone? Home Alone.
14. Only be able to listen to Xmas songs all year round or never hear a Xmas song again? I would choose to hear Christmas music all year round. I love gospel music which holds the same meaning.
15. Wake up bright and early and get all of the best boxing day sale goodies or stay warm and cozy in bed wearing your new Xmas PJs? Stay in bed cozy with my pajamas.
I am taggingJasminewho will also be doing the Would You Rather Blogmas post!
If you would like to know more about Blogmas.Click herefor my blog all about Blogmas!
Please Like & Comment Below. I hope you enjoyed this blog post! Do you want to participate with blogmas? If so tag me in a post and answer the Would You Rather Christmas Tag questions.
I’d love to see your answers! Leave a link below, or leave me your answers!